Consumer PR Account Director / SAM
- Role: Consumer PR Account Director
- Location: Manchester
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive Salary plus benefits
A well established and hugely successful PR & digital agency who have set the standard in recent times, winning national awards and offering creative, strategic and focused solutions for their high profile portfolio of both blue chip and SME clients. This agency is an industry leader in terms of training and career advancement opportunities, focusing on developing staff to the highest possible standards and promoting talent from within the business whenever possible.
The Account Director role is one of strategic development and portfolio control. You will manage a small team and be the senior point of contact across all clients providing both structure and direction on accounts.
Typical tasks and responsibilities of the PR Account Director will include:
- Client relations: Hold responsibility for client relationship management including retention, growth, quality of service & satisfaction.
- Strategic: Working across your client portfolio you will devise and implement PR campaigns using an array of media channels. You will have a strong network of existing media relationships
- People Management: Manage and develop a team of account handlers including performance reviews
- Writing: A track record of developing compelling content for clients as well as effectively monitoring team creation
- Budgeting: Maintain budgetary controls and account profitability.
- New business: Overseeing and leading pitch process
- Reporting: Accurately report back client status to Directors calling on further Director assistance to support client where appropriate
Experience & Personal Profile
- You will have a track record of delivering successful integrated campaigns for big brand clients.
- Experience of managing a small team with a busy workload & under tight deadlines
- Understanding of nuances required across different audiences
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Strong background of budget management and account profitability
- You will have a wide network of national as well as regional contacts across a broad spectrum of media
- Ability to build relationships at a senior level
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player who can take direction as well as lead others
Salary, benefits etc.
- Highly competitive salary (this will be discussed confidentially following application and before submitting details to the client)
- Fantastic bonus scheme on top of your base salary
- Guaranteed Christmas bonus separate to the performance bonus
- Industry leading personal development scheme
- Superb holidays
- Flexible hours
- Plenty of social events and team trips!
- All the regulars – pension, health etc.