B2B PR Senior Account Manager
- Role: B2B PR Senior Account Manager
- Location: Manchester
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Up to £34,000 plus bonus & benefits
One of Manchester’s most respected and well established marketing communications agencies. These guys deliver award winning technology and B2B campaigns on an international scale for a wide portfolio of brands. Sectors they operate in include health, food & engineering to the diverse and highly technical science and energy sectors. Independently owned everybody who works there is part of the family. The office is an open plan and buzzing creative floor.
The B2B Senior Account Manager will be a key management position with the agency taking control of a portfolio of clients and a number of junior staff. This is an incredibly varied role working on an international scale.
- Account planning – identify and agree objectives and strategy with clients. Develop objectives. Become an expert in both your clients business and market.
- Delivery – Lead account teams. Be a senior contact if not the day to day. Ensure potential problems are seen and minimized early. Lead reporting and evaluation to maintain optimum performance. Develop both trust and respect with each client.
- Commercial – understand the agency business plan and how it is to be achieved. Assist in new business development.
- Management – working with the senior team you will mentor, train and develop junior members whilst ensuring ongoing objectives/targets and deadlines are consistently met.
- Travel – this will depend on the portfolio but occasional travel for meetings/exhibitions will be required. Sometimes outside the UK.
Experience & Personal Profile
- 5 years experience within a fast paced PR environment with at least 1 year agency-side.
- At least 1 years experience managing junior executives/managers whilst leading client accounts
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story
- An eye for content - be able to create engaging and powerful content for different audiences
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Digital understanding and a thirst to explore new technologies
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
Salary, benefits etc
- Salary up to £34,000 dependent on experience
- Flexibility in working hours
- Extended benefits: bonus, healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension, work from home, phone, laptop