B2B Senior PR Account Executive
- Role: PR Senior Account Executive
- Location: Manchester
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £competitive
A leading global public relations agency with a client portfolio that is second to none. Representing household names and leading brands across the consumer and b2b sectors, their ethos is to drive advocacy across the traditional and social media spaces, with a strong focus on digital.
The PR Senior Account Executive will work within the corporate team playing an essential role across their account portfolio with responsibility for delivery of tangible results and ensuring accounts are well organised. They will work alongside the Account Manager to plan the accounts and play a part in the training and development of junior members of staff.
Typical tasks and responsibilities of the PR Senior Account Executive will include (but not be limited to):
- Media relations and building relationships: Ensure that coverage targets are hit and key performance indicators are met across the account portfolio. Identify coverage opportunities and build relationships with relevant journalists and bloggers to facilitate press coverage.
- Creativity and Publicity: Combine creativity with knowledge of the media and your media contacts to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum.
- Organisation: Be responsible for ensuring the account is run in an organised manner, work with Account Executives to ensure all documents including status reports and “work in progress” reports are always up to date and ready to be client-facing. Responsible for creating campaign timelines and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Writing: You will be expected to have excellent writing skills and the ability to write ‘journalist quality’ press releases.
- Awareness: Spot and trouble shoot potential issues before they become problematic, proactively identify opportunities for clients and present these to Account Manager/Account Director
- Reporting: Take the lead in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to shine across all areas above and shown a clear roadmap of how to further their career in a business that has a very strong track record of promoting from within.
Experience & Personal Profile
- Experience within a PR environment, preferably agency, a minimum of one year
- Experience of working within a team and liaising with clients
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story
- An eye for content - be able to create engaging and powerful content for different audiences
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
- Thrives in an environment of flexibility, change and ambiguity
- Takes initiative and acts as “right hand” person for Account Manager
In a fast and dynamic environment the Senior Account Executive will be given all tools and support to develop their expertise and drive their career forward under the umbrella of one of the world’s most successful PR consultancies.