Consumer PR Senior Account Manager
- Role: Consumer PR Senior Account Manager / AD
- Location: Manchester
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Up to £38,000 depending on experience + bonus and bens
Based in the centre of Manchester these guys are one of the UK’s most respected communications agencies. They are fully integrated so offer their household name portfolio of clients the entire emit of marketing communications all from under one roof. They are multi-award winning and importantly here that isn’t just for their work. These guys have a reputation for developing and nurturing talent and have been awarded accordingly.
The Consumer PR Senior Account Manager role is a mix of client services, strategy, team management and delivery. The role also requires a strong commercial sense. There is also potential for existing Senior Account Managers ready to make the move to AD to make that jump immediately. If that is the case the role below will be expanded to include increased commercial / portfolio control.
- Account planning – identify and agree objectives and strategy with clients. Develop objectives. Become an expert in both your clients business and market.
- Delivery – Lead account teams. Be a senior contact if not the day to day. Ensure potential problems are seen and minimized early. Lead reporting and evaluation to maintain optimum performance. Develop both trust and respect with each client.
- Commercial – understand the agency business plan and how it is to be achieved. Assist in new business development.
- Management – working with the senior team you will mentor, train and develop junior members whilst ensuring ongoing objectives/targets and deadlines are consistently met.
- Travel – this will depend on the portfolio but occasional travel for meetings/exhibitions will be required. Sometimes outside the UK.
Experience & Personal Profile
As mentioned this is a crucial role in the consumer team of this award winning agency - the role holder will be given a small team and some superb accounts to manage so it's very important that this hire can demonstrate the following experience in order to find their feet quickly.
- 5 years experience within a fast paced PR environment with at least 1 year agency-side.
- At least 1 years experience managing a small team of junior executives/managers whilst leading multiple client accounts
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story
- An eye for content - be able to create engaging and powerful content for different audiences
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Digital understanding and a thirst to explore new technologies
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A passion for PR
Salary, benefits etc.
- Highly competitive salary (this will be discussed confidentially following application and before submitting details to the client)
- Fantastic bonus scheme on top of your base salary
- Superb holidays
- Training budget to spend as you please (work related of course)
- Plenty of social events!
- All the regulars – pension etc.