SAE / Account Manager, B2B
- Role: PR Senior Account Executive / Account Manager, B2B
- Location: Manchester
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Up to £30,000 plus bonus and benefits
A fast paced, boundary breaking, knock it out of the park independent PR consultancy with expertise far beyond traditional media relations. These guys have been taking the Manchester scene by storm for some time now culminating in numerous awards for both their individual campaigns and their pioneering approach to PR as a whole. There is a work life balance here few places can rival, with a team culture that attracts creative, confident, sociable & hard-working young professionals
This one is open to both existing Senior Account Executives through to Account Manager's. Needless to say the role will differ slightly depending on your current level but the more junior will be given the support to fast-track and the guys ready to hit the ground running will be given the added responsibilities fitting of the top end of this role.
Quick overview of the Account Manager level (team management etc. will differ at SAE level):
- Media relations and building relationships: Ensure that coverage targets are hit and key performance indicators are met across the account portfolio. Identify coverage opportunities and build relationships with relevant journalists and bloggers to facilitate press coverage.
- People management: Work with Account Director to manage the training and development of junior team members.
- Client contact: Act as the day to day “go to” contact for clients. Build strong relationships based on trust and delivery of results.
- Creativity and Publicity: Combine creativity with knowledge of the media and your media contacts. Train your junior team to recognise media angles and how to generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum.
- Organisation: Be responsible for ensuring the account is run in a smooth and organised manner, and work with the team to manage the creation of client facing documents
- Writing: You will be expected to have excellent writing skills and the ability to write ‘journalist quality’ press releases, in addition to providing training and guidance to Senior Account Executives and Account Executives. You will have overall responsibility for quality control of written documents.
- Awareness: Spot and trouble shoot potential issues before they become problematic, proactively identify opportunities for clients and present these to the Account Director.
- Reporting: Take the lead in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns.
- New business: attends new business pitches and work with senior team members throughout the pitch preparation process.
The successful candidate will be given the chance to shine across all areas above and shown a clear roadmap of how to further their career in a business that promotes from within and where good performance is rewarded independent of age or previous experience.
Experience & Personal Profile
- Used to working in a fast paced, high pressure agency environment. You will be adept at balancing the pressures of several accounts with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Experience managing teams – this is essential!
- Lots of client exposure – Management, new biz, pitching etc
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story
- An eye for content - be able to create engaging and powerful content for different audiences
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Digital understanding – Digital PR/earned media/SEO
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
And the little bits that make it ace
- Extensive training
- Superb bonus scheme
- Fantastic work hard play hard culture – recent away days have included a trip to Iceland’s Blue Lagoon & an overnight Xmas party to Amsterdam. Additionally fun offsite activities are a regular occurrence whether its wine tasting, junkyard golf or just beers and cocktails in the office! (ask for details!)
- Office fridge full of goodies (not just boring fruit!)
- Laptop & iPhone
- And importantly a very competitive salary with a roadmap of how to develop your career.