PR Manager (FTC)
- Role: PR Manager
- Location: Manchester
- Job Type: Contract
- Salary: Competitive
A leading, high profile retail and leisure destination, encompassing big-brand shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, welcoming over 30 million visitors every year. Boosted by long opening hours and powerful marketing, the core customers are affluent ABC1 visitors for day-out experiences that far surpass the idea of a simple shopping trip.
The PR Manager will play a vital role in the busy, proactive communications team. Key elements of the day to day role is management, implementation and driving PR strategy by using both online and offline PR initiatives to maintain and raise the profile of the retail destination; and where possible drive, visit frequency and dwell-time, as well as retailer sales and market share for the shopping centre.
Typical tasks and responsibilities of the PR and Media Manager will include:
• Take responsibility for all media relations undertaken in house, providing a dynamic and proactive service, ensuring that a positive and coherent brand image is conveyed at all times and that maximum coverage is achieved for the centre’s PR activity.
• Provide effective support for in-centre retailer activity – including events, brand activity, store openings, product launches, book signings, CR and charitable activities – helping to drive and improve communications between Management and retailers.
• Research potential opportunistic media stories from sources within the centre including retailers and staff, and generate newsworthy angles and hooks for the centre in local and regional media.
• Build effective working relationships and strategic partnerships with key journalists and editors from all regional print and broadcast media.
• To support national campaign activity across PR and social channels.
• Write relevant newsworthy copy, features and columns and adapt accordingly to media targets.
• Work with the marketing team to create a digital social plan for the centre and manage the centre’s social media sites for maximum positive benefit to the centre, keeping abreast of the latest digital PR developments.
• To build a blogger outreach programme for specific key target audiences.
• Develop an understanding of competitors and how the centre’s communication strategy can differentiate it from others.
• To collaborate with outside agencies on joint initiatives to maximise PR opportunities.
• To co-ordinate and respond to media enquiries - including crisis management, photographic and filming requests - and control and approve press information issued by suppliers.
• To brief and manage photographers and photo shoots to ensure the most effective press photography and manage filming/broadcast activity to ensure public safety and convenience.
• To act as a spokesperson on consumer related issues when required and ensure media training requirements for Senior Managers are met.
Experience & Personal Profile
• A capable and experienced PR professional with a proven track record of delivering high impact consumer PR campaigns (agency experience preferred).
• Strong time management skills and proven campaign management experience.
• Highly creative, energetic and passionate about growing business through PR.
• Fast paced and organised with great attention to detail
• Proven writing experience that is adaptable across channels.
• Crisis communications/issues management experience.
• Strong interest in the changing landscape of PR and how people learn about and engage with brands.
- Competitive salary (this will be discussed confidentially following application and before submitting details to the client)