Sales and Events Manager
- Role: Sales and Events Manager
- Location: Cheshire
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35K + bonus up to c. £60K
This client is an extremely well established and hugely successful leisure provider, responsible for some of the most exciting brands in the UK restaurants and bar market. An absolute key player, particularly across the food and beverage scene in the city centre of Manchester. Their reputation in the sector is second to none - they are well known for the quality of their offer across with particularly strong training and development programmes for staff.
Working in-line with the overall marketing plan you well devise and implement a clear-cut events and sales strategy.
You will lead a team of sales & events execs developing standalone local and national events, online bookings, local marketing, localised social media, local influencers, and foster partnerships to support and drive the events and sales strategy.
Typical tasks and responsibilities:
This is a wide and varied role that covers sales, marketing, events, business with responsibility for the financials across the sales and events plan.
- Translate the marketing strategy into an effective sales strategy and manage the implementation of the programme across the organisation.
- Effectively manage a team of sales & events executives to ensure the implementation of their local sales and events programmes. (You will oversee a team of just under 20 BDM's)
- Stay abreast of a site's P&L, sales mix so as to spot sales opportunities within sales data.
- Host ongoing team meetings with events & sales exec team to breed and build a positive organisational culture.
- Develop and manage a CRM system including proposal drafting, contracts and customer correspondence.
- Be responsible for setting weekly, monthly and quarterly sales targets at national and local level, and monitoring the effectiveness of each programme, and confidence to amend where appropriate.
- Overall responsibility for site’s achieving their events/sales programme targets.
- Knowledge and good understanding of in house online booking portal and how to improve sales through this channel.
- Maintain a sales database, in line with GDPR.
- Work with sales & marketing director to translate the marketing strategy into an effective local marketing strategy.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of each site’s local marketing plan.
- Deliver national and local activities.
- Overall responsibility for the budgeting and tight control of the sales & events plan.
A little bit about you:
What we are looking for here is drive, ambition and the ability to lead from the front. This is a huge opportunity to push very quickly to a more senior position with a very clear path in front of you.
What is critical is that you have the relevant experience above within the hospitality industry.
You will have managed and lead a successful team developing and delivering local and national events, marketing, social media and partnerships in line with the sales and marketing strategy
Salary, benefits etc:
- £35,000 base and further bonuses that could see you hit an annual £60,000 (full details provided)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Clear pathway and timeline to 'Head of' position (ask for more details)